Activities & Vendors
Schedule of Events for A-Day 4/19/14
|10:00 am||Kick-off on the Quad
Food and beverage vendors located on East side of the Quad
|11:00 am||All Gates Open|
|11:00 am||Walk of Champions
Bryant Denny Stadium
|12:00 pm||Elephant Stomp
Gorgas Library Steps
The autograph tent is located on the southeast side of the Quad.
- Make sure that you take time during Gameday to check out all the great things at the SUPe Store. The SUPe Store has all the latest fan apparel and Gameday novelties. Visit the SUPe Store website and check out all of their products.
- There are three separate merchandise stores that will be open with an extensive supply of Bama Gameday souvenirs, apparel, and books.
- Store Locations are:
- Ferguson Student Center (store located on the ground floor)
- Bryant Museum (inside the museum, located on Bryant Drive across from Coleman Coliseum
- SUPe Store Tent (store is located on the east side of the Quad)
- SUPe Store Gameday Hours
- Saturday, November 23rd
- Ferguson hours - 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Tent on the Quad - 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Museum - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 23rd
Please Note: Activities and times are subject to change for each home game.
Vendors from area restaurants can be found on the east side of the Quad (along 6th Avenue).
Televised games are available at the Ferguson Student Center.
Additional restaurants can be found in the Ferguson Student Center and will operate on Gameday weekends to accommodate game time.
Children at Public Events:
- Whenever you go to a populated event/shopping center we have two suggestions that will be helpful if your children become separated from you:
- Use a camera phone or camera and take a picture of the children showing what they are wearing that day. That picture will save precious time as we can send pictures by e-mail or text to other members of the Gameday staff and local authorities. It removes any guess work or speculation as to what the children look like and what they are wearing. It also means we will not have to obtain a full description from a parent who is understandably upset.
- Go the UA Gameday Information RV at Reese Phifer Hall (Corner of University Blvd. and Colonial Dr.) and get a wristband for your child that you can write the parent or supervising adult's name and phone number on. If you are unable to get to the UA Gameday Information RV, then write your name and cell phone number on a piece of paper and put it into one of the pockets of your child’s clothing. If we make contact with a separated child, and have not been contacted by the adult they came with, having a name and phone number will help us contact the adult by phone or public address system. If the child is old enough to understand, tell them why the wristband or paper is with them and that they should show it to a policeman, fireman, or security officer if they get separated.
- The Elephant Stomp is located on the steps of the Gorgas Library on the Quad.. The Elephant Stomp is an exciting Gameday tradition at UA. The band will begin one hour before kickoff. There will be a pep rally and then the march to the stadium. The drum line will begin two hours before kickoff.
Walk of Champions:
- The Walk of Champions begins approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes prior to kickoff. The team is dropped off in the team buses on the north side of the stadium at University Boulevard and proceeds through the Walk of Champions into the stadium. Be there to cheer the team on as they get ready for the game.
Kickoff on the Quad is an event designed for Tide fans to celebrate the tradition of Crimson Tide football and is sponsored by Coke.
The conduct of other commercial activities, such as commercial solicitation, business events, marketing promotions, etc., is not permitted on the Quad (or elsewhere on campus) in areas that have been designated for tailgating.
Any not-for-profit solicitation (like charitable organizations) is also not permitted on the Quad areas (or elsewhere on campus) that have been designated for tailgating.
- Fans desiring to engage in commercial activities on University property should contact the UA Gameday staff at (205) 262-2811.
The Fun Factory:
- The Fun Factory provides fun and exciting activities for all ages from the toddler in the family to the biggest sports fan. Some activities include moonwalks, a mechanical bull, obstacle courses, old-time photos, giant slides, build your own bear and gladiator joust. Each Gameday we are there on the quad with 10 different activities for your family to enjoy. We always bring different activities, so come by and play with us!
City of Tuscaloosa and Surrounding Area Activities
Tuscaloosa Amphitheater Concerts - Click Here
Bama Theatre - Click Here