QUAD PARKING AND TRAFFIC
To accommodate the Crimson Ride transit system and routes, an unloading zone will be open along 9th Avenue on the west side of The Quad ONLY during the following times:
- Friday 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Gameday 6:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. for morning games
- Gameday 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. for afternoon games
- Gameday 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. for evening games
There will be a 15 minute time limit in the unloading zone. Once the unloading zone is closed, all vehicles must be removed. Towing will then be enforced.
Due to potential traffic hazards, loading and unloading elsewhere is prohibited.
To access the unloading zone along 9th Avenue, use the following route:
- Take Marr’s Spring Road off of Campus Drive. Turn left onto Stadium Drive and it will lead to McCorvey Drive.
- Turn right onto McCorvey Drive. There will be an attendant at this point to assist you.
- McCorvey Drive will then lead you to the 9th Avenue unloading zone.
LOADING ZONE AFTER THE GAME
For post game, a re-loading zone will be open along 9th Avenue on the west side of The Quad. Due to the high amount of pedestrian traffic and the use of Capstone Drive as a transit lane, this re-loading zone will open once all Gameday pedestrian and bus traffic clears (approximately two hours after the end of the game or sooner if determined by officials). For access, please utilize the same route as the pre-game loading zone.
Certain roads around the Quad are closed to public traffic. (Click here for information on closed roads)
Parking in grassy areas along and adjacent to the sidewalks on the perimeter of the Quad is strictly prohibited. These are designated tow-away zones.
In an effort to protect the increased amount of fans that will be in the areas around The Quad, some roads are blocked.
- 6th Avenue, 7th Avenue, Capstone Drive and Margaret Drive will close at 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before each home football game.
- 9th Avenue will be closed to all thru traffic on Gameday. It will be open only for designated times for the loading and unloading zone for The Quad as listed above.
VEHICLES ON THE QUAD
There is a strict policy for The Quad and surrounding areas, as it realtes to parking and traffic. Only pedestrian traffic is permitted on The Quad and lawns of adjacent buildings.
- On weekends of home games, this area is a tow-away zone for all cars, trucks, ATVs, golf carts, and trailers. (This includes, but is not limited to cooking trailers, tow trailers, etc.)
- Only University service vehicles and special-use vehicles are allowed on this area.
- Vehicles on the quad destroy the turf, damage the underground irrigation system, present a serious safety hazard and disturb the tranquility of the natural setting. By observing these rules, you help to ensure that future generations can enjoy the Quad.
Please observe all designated emergency lanes.
The above guidelines apply on Gameday weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) in areas including, but not limited to: the entirety of The University of Alabama Quadrangle, all surrounding roadways and parking lots (including 6th Avenue, 7th Avenue, 9th Avenue, Capstone Drive and Colonial Drive), the general vicinity (front, left, right and rear sides) of Gallalee Hall, Nott Hall (including parking lot), Lloyd Hall, Smith Hall, Tuomey Academic House, Gorgas Library, Oliver Barnard Hall, Morgan Hall, Bidgood Hall, Carmichael Hall, and Graves Hall.