ELECTRICITY ON THE QUAD
There is enhanced power supply provided on the East side of the Quad to support electricity needs of fans. We also added additional power on the Northwest side of the Quad. As such, it should relieve some of the strain put on the electrical power supplied through the light poles on the northern half of the Quad near Gorgas Library. However, the rules still remain for proper usage of the power on the light poles.
During inclement weather, it may become necessary to disrupt electrical service to the Quad and other tailgating areas. UA officials will disseminate this announcement via all communication channels available at the time of disruption. UA will restore power as soon as it is determined that potential electrical hazards caused by the weather have been minimized.
Below are some dos and don’ts about power on/around the Quad:
- No extension cords may be plugged into any electrical outlets on any of the on-campus buildings.
- You may hook up a power strip to prevent damage from possible surges, but only one item may be plugged into it.
- The use of multiple power strips or multiple plugs on a single outlet is prohibited
- Only two hook-ups per outlet is allowed.
- Secure electrical cords crossing sidewalks to avoid a tripping hazard.
- Please remove all tape used to secure the electrical cords to the sidewalk when you leave the Quad.
- All auxiliary power will be terminated 1.5 hours after the conclusion of each game. All light poles and light towers will remain lit for fan safety.
GENERATORS ON THE QUAD
No portable generators will be allowed on the Quad. Those found in violation will be asked to leave the Quad.
OPEN FLAMES/FIRE POLICY
See below for the University of Alabama’s Open Flame/Fire Policy on Gameday.
- Cooking is limited to grills only.
- Grills should be set up away from, or protected from, pedestrian traffic and flammable materials.
- Grills must be monitored at all times.
- Extinguish all flames before leaving your area.
- Do not dump charcoal on the Quad. Charcoal Dump Stations are available on the west side of the Quad.
- Do not dump cooking oil on the Quad
Grills or fire pits are not allowed within 50 feet of campus buildings or under tents. All fires must be contained within grills or other containers designed specifically for that purpose. Extinguish fires thoroughly with water before leaving them unattended. Place extinguished charcoal in designated containers or remove it from campus for disposal. Do not dump charcoal on the ground or in dumpsters. Grilling/fire pits are not allowed in the parking decks.
Tailgate locations with grills or fire pits must have a 2.5-pound all-purpose fire extinguisher within 15 feet of the fire. At least one person in attendance must be trained in use of the fire extinguisher.
The University of Alabama is a Smoke-Free Campus. Please refer to www.ua.edu/smokefree/ for more info.
No vehicles or trailers will be allowed on the grass at the Quad or any building that faces the Quad: Gorgas House, Moore, Little, Foster, Russell, Gallalee, Wilson, Clark, Woods, Manly, Garland or Farrah Halls. This is to protect the turf and irrigation.
In order to preserve the Quad for future generations, vehicles are not allowed on the Quad. Trailers with tailgating supplies can be pulled by hand onto the Quad for temporary unloading purposes. Trailers must be removed in a timely manner, not to exceed 30 minutes. Also, trailers must fit and remain on a sidewalk while unloading and cleaning up at your tailgating spot. Trailers with TVs may remain on the Quad if they meet the specifications below.
CLICK HERE to view trailer specifications.
These specifications have been made in an effort to protect the turf and irrigation systems and remain consistent regarding the size of trailers. We also are making every effort to conserve limited space so that we can offer tailgating space to the growing number of fans who request this popular venue annually.
Hay and straw are not authorized on campus at any time. This material can contain destructive insects and bacteria that are harmful to the soil and grass.
The above guidelines apply on Gameday weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) in areas including, but not limited to: the entirety of the Quad, all surrounding roadways and parking lots (including 6th Avenue, Capstone Drive and Colonial Drive), the general vicinity (front, left, right and rear sides) of Gallalee Hall, Nott Hall (including parking lot), Lloyd Hall, Smith Hall, Tuomey Academic House, Gorgas Library, Oliver Barnard Hall, Morgan Hall, Bidgood Hall, Carmichael Hall and Graves Hall.
No tailgating is allowed in this area. This area is reserved for Office of the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences events only.
RESERVED TAILGATING AT PRESIDENTIAL PARK
Presidential Park is a reserved tailgating area on campus, located only 400 yards from Bryant-Denny Stadium. Tailgate packages can be reserved through Tailgate Guys (formerly Game Day Tents) for the season or individual games. CLICK HERE for more information!
No sound systems utilizing loud amplification or sound boards will be allowed on the Quad or Presidential Park. Also, no excessive loud music will be allowed on any parts of campus. The Gameday Operations Staff will have sole discretion in determining if the overall volume level of other sound systems are appropriate.
The use of drones on the UA campus, including but not limited to Bryant-Denny Stadium and the Quad, is strictly prohibited during home football weekends (Fri-Sun). Drone use on campus any other time is strictly regulated as outlined HERE.
Kickoff on the Quad is an event designed for Tide fans to celebrate the tradition of Crimson Tide football.
- The conduct of other commercial activities, such as commercial solicitation, business events, marketing promotions, etc., is not permitted on the Quad (or elsewhere on campus) in areas that have been designated for tailgating.
- Any not-for-profit solicitation like charitable organizations is also not permitted on the Quad (or elsewhere on campus) in areas that have been designated for tailgating.
- Fans desiring to engage in commercial activities on University property should contact the UA Gameday staff at (205) 262-2811.
FOR MORE INFO, PLEASE CALL THE UA GAMEDAY MESSAGE CENTER – (205) 262-2811.