QUAD TAILGATING INFORMATION
Tailgating on the Quad is FREE in our non-reserved areas. Fans may bring their own tents, tables, TVs, etc...and do NOT need a grounds use permit.
For your convenience, we have 2 Quad drop-off periods in which we allow vehicle access to the Quad for fans to unload their tailgating equipment. Quad drop-off is accessed via Stadium Drive. Each vehicle is allotted 15 minutes of access to 9th Ave. (west side of The Quad) to unload and set-up tailgating equipment.
- Friday from 6pm-8pm
- Saturday from 7am-10am.
CLICK HERE to view a map of the reserved & non-reserved tailgating areas.
RESERVED TAILGATING ON THE QUAD
For information regarding reserved, premium tailgating on the Quad, please contact The University of Alabama's official tailgate services partner, Tailgate Guys (formerly Game Day Tents).
CLICK HERE for more information regarding reserved tents on The Quad
2017 KICKOFF ON THE QUAD
We anticipate a great year when it comes to tailgating and enjoying the fun activities happening on the Quad during Gameday.
Quad festivities include a variety of food vendors, merchandise vendors and lawn space for the kids.
Tailgating is an important part of every football season, and in Tuscaloosa it€™s especially important on the Quad. By following these guidelines, you will help to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable experience. With your help, we will be able to preserve the natural beauty of the Quad for all future generations of Crimson faithful.
Remember, Friday is a regular academic day at the University of Alabama, and classes are still in session until 6:00pm. Please refrain from taping off or setting up tailgate sites in areas off the Quad until Friday. Stakes may damage the irrigation system, and tape and rope may damage the trees, bushes, and plant material. These items will be removed by Gameday officials before Friday.
GROUNDS USE PERMITS
Any UA group that wants to have a planned tailgating or Gameday event that requires a tent or a secured space must fill out a UA Grounds Use Permit
Requests for Grounds Use Permits are required for all €œoutside €“ green-space€ events. Coordination of these events requires a 10 day notice for approval. We will do our best to accommodate the area requested, but at times we will need to offer alternative locations due to pre-approved events or use of the requested spot, or safety/operational needs. A University Departmental FOPAL must be furnished on each request form.
No tents larger than 20 x 30 will be allowed on the Quad.
No corporate signage will be allowed to be displayed outside tents.
The East side of the Quad is now open to public tailgating. Please take advantage of this space and the close proximity to the various food vendors along 6th Ave. In addition to the new tailgating area, there will be an enhanced power supply provided on the East side of the Quad to support the additional fans.
Portable toilets are not allowed on the University of Alabama unless approved by the University's Grounds Use Coordinator.
ELECTRICITY ON THE QUAD
There is an enhanced power supply provided on the East side of the Quad to support electricity needs of fans. We also added additional power on the Northwest side of the Quad. As such, it should relieve some of the strain put on the electrical power supplied through the light poles on the northern half of the Quad near Gorgas library. However, the rules still remain for proper usage of the power on the light poles.
During inclement weather, it may become necessary to disrupt electrical service to the Quad and other tailgating areas. UA officials will disseminate this announcement via all communication channels available at the time of disruption. UA will restore power as soon as it can be determined that potential electrical hazards caused by the weather have been minimized.
Below are some do's and dont's about power on/around The Quad:
- No extension cords may be pluuged into any electrical outlets on any of the on-campus buildings.
- You may hook-up a power strip, to prevent damage from possible surges, but only one thing may be plugged into it.
- The use of multiple power strips or multiple plugs on a single outlet is prohibited as it will put a strain on the power supply from that pole resulting in a breaker trip.
- Only two hook-ups per outlet is allowed.
- Secure electrical cords crossing sidewalks to avoid a tripping hazard.
- Please remove all tape used to secure the electrical cords to the sidewalk when you leave The Quad.
- All auxiliary power will be cut off at 1.5 hours after the conclusion of each game. All light poles and light towers will remain lit for fan safety.
GENERATORS ON THE QUAD
No portable generators will be allowed on the Quad. Those found in violation will be asked to leave the Quad.
OPEN FLAMES/FIRE POLICY
See below for The University of Alabama's Open Flame/Fire Policy on Gameday.
- Cooking is limited to grills only.
- Grills should be set up away from, or protected from, pedestrian traffic and flammable materials.
- Grills must be monitored at all times.
- Extinguish all flames before leaving your area.
- Do not dump charcoal on The Quad. Charcoal Dump Stations are available on the west side of the Quad. See map for more details.
- Do not dump cooking oil on The Quad
Grills or fire pits are not allowed within 50 feet of campus buildings or under tents. All fires must be contained within grills or other containers designed specifically for that purpose. Extinguish fires thoroughly with water before leaving them unattended. Place extinguished charcoal in designated containers or remove it from campus for disposal. Do not dump charcoal on the ground or in dumpsters. Grilling/fire pits are not allowed in the parking decks.
Tailgate locations with grills or fire pits must have a 2.5 pound all-purpose fire extinguisher within 15 feet of the fire. At least one person in attendance must be trained in use of the fire extinguisher.
SMOKE FREE CAMPUS
The University of Alabama is now a Smoke Free Campus, effective January 1, 2015. Please refer to www.ua.edu/smokefree/ for more info.
No vehicles or trailers will be allowed on the grass at the Quad or any building that faces the Quad, Gorgas House, Moore, Little, Foster, Russell, Gallalee, Wilson, Clark, Woods, Manly, Garland, or Farrah Halls. This is to protect the turf and irrigation.
- In order to preserve The Quad for future generations, vehicles are not allowed on The Quad. Trailers with tailgating supplies can be pulled by hand onto The Quad for temporary unloading purposes. Trailers must be removed in a timely manner, not to exceed 30 minutes. Also, trailers must fit and remain on a sidewalk while unloading and cleaning up at your tailgating spot. Trailers with TVs may remain on the Quad if they meet the specifications below.
CLICK HERE to view trailer specifications
These specifications have been made in an effort to protect the turf, irrigation systems and remain consistent regarding size of trailers. We are also making every effort to conserve limited space so that we can offer tailgating space to the growing number of fans who request this popular venue annually.
Hay and straw are not authorized on campus at any time. This material can contain destructive insects and bacteria that is harmful to the soil and grass.
The above guidelines apply on Gameday weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) in areas including, but not limited to: the entirety of The Quad, all surrounding roadways and parking lots (including 6th Avenue, Capstone Drive and Colonial Drive), the general vicinity (front, left, right and rear sides) of Gallalee Hall, Nott Hall (including parking lot), Lloyd Hall, Smith Hall, Tuomey Academic House, Gorgas Library, Oliver Barnard Hall, Morgan Hall, Bidgood Hall, Carmichael Hall, and Graves Hall.
No tailgating is allowed in this area. This area is reserved for Office of the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences events only.
RESERVED TAILGATING AT PRESIDENTIAL PARK
Presidential Park is a reserved tailgating area on campus, located only 400 yards from Bryant-Denny Stadium. Tailgate packages can be reserved through Tailgate Guys (formerly Game Day Tents) for the season or individual games. CLICK HERE for more information!
No sound systems utilizing loud amplification or sound boards will be allowed on The Quad or Presidential Park. Also, no excessive loud music will be allowed on any parts of campus. The Gameday Operations Staff will have sole discretion in determining if the overall volume level of other sound systems are appropriate.
The use of drones on the UA campus, including but not limited to Bryant-Denny Stadium and the Quad, is strictly prohibited during home football weekends (Fri-Sun). Drone use on campus any other time is very strictly regulated as outlined HERE.
Kickoff on the Quad is an event designed for Tide fans to celebrate the tradition of Crimson Tide football.
- The conduct of other commercial activities, such as commercial solicitation, business events, marketing promotions, etc., is not permitted on the Quad (or elsewhere on campus) in areas that have been designated for tailgating.
- Any not-for-profit solicitation like charitable organizations is also not permitted on the Quad (or elsewhere on campus) areas that have been designated for tailgating.
- Fans desiring to engage in commercial activities on University property should contact the UA Gameday staff at (205) 262-2811.
For more info, please call the UA Gameday Hotline - (205) 262-2811.
To accommodate the Crimson Ride transit system and routes, an unloading zone will be open along 9th Avenue on the west side of The Quad ONLY during the following times:
- Friday 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Gameday 6:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. for morning games
- Gameday 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. for afternoon games
- Gameday 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. for evening games
There will be a
Due to potential traffic hazards, loading and unloading elsewhere
To access the unloading zone along 9th Avenue, use the following route:
- Take Marr's Spring Road off of Campus Drive. Turn left onto Stadium Drive and it will lead to McCorvey Drive.
- Turn right onto McCorvey Drive. There will be an attendant at this point to assist you.
- McCorvey Drive will then lead you to the 9th Avenue unloading zone.
LOADING ZONE AFTER THE GAME
For post game, a re-loading zone will be open along 9th Avenue on the west side of The Quad. Due to the high amount of pedestrian traffic and the use of Capstone Drive as a transit lane, this re-loading zone will open once all Gameday pedestrian and bus traffic clears (approximately two hours after the end of the game or sooner if determined by officials). For access, please utilize the same route as the pre-game loading zone.
Certain roads around the Quad are closed to public traffic.
Parking in grassy areas along and adjacent to the sidewalks on the perimeter of the Quad is strictly prohibited. These are designated tow-away zones.
In an effort to protect the increased amount of fans that will be in the areas around The Quad, some roads are blocked.
- 6th Avenue, 7th Avenue, Capstone Drive and Margaret Drive will close at 5:00 p.m. on
the Fridaybefore each home football game.
- 9th Avenue will be closed to all thru traffic on Gameday. It will be open only for designated times for the loading and unloading zone for The Quad as listed above.
VEHICLES ON THE QUAD
There is a strict policy for The Quad and surrounding areas, as it relates to parking and traffic. Only pedestrian traffic is permitted on The Quad and lawns of adjacent buildings.
- On weekends of home games, this area is a tow-away zone for all cars, trucks, ATVs, golf carts, and trailers. (This includes, but is not limited to cooking trailers, tow trailers, etc.)
- Only University service vehicles and special-use vehicles are allowed on this area.
- Vehicles on the quad destroy the turf, damage the underground irrigation system, present a serious safety hazard and disturb the tranquility of the natural setting. By observing these rules, you help to ensure that future generations can enjoy the Quad.
Please observe all designated emergency lanes.
The above guidelines apply on Gameday weekends (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) in areas including, but not limited to: the entirety of The University of Alabama Quadrangle, all surrounding roadways and parking lots (including 6th Avenue, 7th Avenue, 9th Avenue, Capstone Drive and Colonial Drive), the general vicinity (front, left, right and rear sides) of Gallalee Hall, Nott Hall (including parking lot), Lloyd Hall, Smith Hall, Tuomey Academic House, Gorgas Library, Oliver Barnard Hall, Morgan Hall, Bidgood Hall, Carmichael Hall, and Graves Hall.
CATERING DROP OFF POLICY
Saturday until three hours prior to kickoff, caterers will be allowed access to the Smith Hall Parking Lot or Gallalee Hall Parking Lot to drop off food for tailgaters. After roadblocks are established three hours prior to kickoff, caterers will no longer be granted access to Smith Hall or Gallalee Hall & will need to make arrangements for delivery outside of the permimeter roadblocks.
Please note: NO vehicle access to the Quad will be granted for food delivery on gameday, including 6th Ave, Margaret Dr, McCorvey Dr, Stadium Dr, & Capstone Dr.
CLICK HERE to view the vendor drop off location map
Public use restroom €œtrailers€ specifically intended for Gameday fans will be available on the northeast corner of the Quad, the northwest corner of the Quad, on the west and east sides of the Quad and one near Foster Auditorium.
Additional port-a-let restrooms and restroom trailers will be located around The Quad, as well as the rest of campus.
Place all garbage in trash cans or dumpsters on and around the Quad.
Trash bags are available for your use behind Gorgas Library.
The University has added portable cellular towers around campus for better cellular service
CHARCOAL DUMP STATIONS
Charcoal Dump Stations are located on the west side of the Quad.
Gameday event personnel will be in place on the Quad before, during and after the game to answer questions and to report any suspicious activity to local law enforcement.
Neither The University of Alabama Police Department nor the Tuscaloosa City and County law enforcement can be responsible for safeguarding fans's personal property that is placed on the Quad.
Fans are permitted to bring personal property onto the Quad at their own risk and are responsible for the security and safety of their own personal property and are advised to not leave their personal belongings unattended.
In an effort to help fans better identify Gameday personnel, they will be wearing bright green reflective vests labeled UA Gameday Operations. If you have any questions, please find one of these employees and they will be glad to assist you.
The University of Alabama Gameday staff will have an information center set up at the corner of Colonial Drive and University Boulevard . This will serve as a convenient place for you to find out Gameday information.
Treat all University staff members and volunteers with courtesy and respect as they are working hard to provide the best experience possible for all Crimson Tide fans.
ELEPHANT STOP & WALK OF CHAMPIONS
Elephant Stomp: 1 hour prior to kickoff- Gorgas Library/The Quad
Walk of Champions: 2 hours 15 minutes prior to kickoff- Bryant-Denny Stadium North endzone
Make sure that you take time during Gameday to check out all the great things at the SUPe Store. The SUPe Store has all the latest fan apparel and Gameday novelties. Visit the SUPe Store website and check out all of their products.
There are three separate merchandise stores that will be open with an extensive supply of Bama Gameday souvenirs, apparel, and books.
Store Locations are:
- Ferguson Student Center (store located on the ground floor)
- The Corner (SUPe store located on the corner of Bryant Drive and 8th Ave)
- SUPe Store Tent (store is located on the east side of the Quad at the corner of 6th Ave. and University Blvd.)
SUPE STORE HOURS (FRIDAY 11/17)
|The Ferguson Center||8:00am-5:00pm|
|The Corner on Bryant Dr.||8:00am-7:00pm|
|The Quad Tent||CLOSED|
|The Fan Shop||10:00am-7:00pm|
SUPE STORE HOURS (SATURDAY 11/18)
|The Ferguson Center||
|The Corner on Bryant Dr.||8:00am-5:00pm|
|The Quad Tent||8:00am-11:00am|
|The Fan Shop||8:00am-12:00pm|
Former Alabama football standout and New York Jets wide receiver, ArDarius Stewart, will be signing autographs and posing for photos at the Corner Supe Store Saturday, November 18 from 3:00 – 5:00pm. Autographs and photos are free, but are limited to one per person. No purchase necessary.
Vendors from area restaurants can be found on the east side of the Quad (along 6th Avenue).
Other on-campus resturants can be found at the recently renovated Ferguson Center. Also, televised games will also be shown on the TVs at the Ferguson Center.
BAMA DINING (HOURS FOR 11/18)
Mary B's in Burke Hall:
3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
8:30 am - 7:30 pm
9:00 am - 10:00 pm
Topio's Pizza CLOSED
Union Market 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Subway 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Wendy's 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Panda Express 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Auntie Anne's Pretzels 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Chick-fil-A 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Starbucks 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Julia's Market in Tutwiler Hall:
10:00 am - 2:00 am
7:00 am - 8:30 pm
10:00 am - 10:00 pm
Raising Cane's in Paty Hall:
10:30 am - 2:00 am
Stewarts Corner in Lloyd Hall:
Chick-fil-A 7:30 am - 11:00 am
Starbucks on Bryant Drive:
7:00 am - 10:00 pm
BRYANT MUSEUM (HOURS FOR 11/18)
7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Autograph Session: John Cassimus & Curt Jarvis 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Mound is a historic landmark used for ceremonial purposes by the University. Please respect the University and state history by not tailgating on or immediately adjacent to the Mound.
Please exhibit courtesy to other Tide fans and to all visitors. We would like for everyone to leave with a positive impression of The University of Alabama.
Tailgating on The Quad is designed for Tide fans to celebrate the tradition of Crimson Tide football.
- The conduct of other commercial activities, such as commercial solicitation, business events, marketing promotions, etc., is not permitted on the Quad in areas that have been designated for tailgating.
- Any not-for-profit solicitation like charitable organizations is also not permitted on the Quad areas that have been designated for tailgating.
- Fans desiring to engage in commercial activities on University property should contact the UA Gameday staff at (205) 262-2811.
A tailgating area combining all of the fun of gameday with an atmosphere conducive for families will be available again for 2017.
The new tailgating zone is located at the corner of Hackberry Lane and Campus Drive, approximately two blocks north of the Quad, on Peter Bryce Campus.
The area will open at 10:00am and close at kickoff.
Shuttle service will be provided to and from the Quad and Bryant-Denny Stadium from the Campus Drive Deck.
The location will be first-come-first serve and free of charge. Tailgaters will need to bring and set up their own 10x10 tent.
The area will be ALCOHOL-FREE and strictly enforced. There will be food vendors, face painting, free inflatables, and other activities for children.
*PLEASE NOTE*: Inflatables have been relocated from the Quad to the Family Friendly Tailgate but will be free of charge.
*PLEASE NOTE*: Inflatables will be relocated from the Quad to the Family Friendly Tailgate but will be free of charge.
RESERVED SPACES AT THE FAMILY FRIENDLY TAILGATE
By reserving tailgate space, you will have the same reserved space for all seven home games and electricity for your space. The University of Alabama has contracted with Gameday Tents to handle all reserved tailgating.
For reserved tailgating at the Family FriendlyTailgate please contact Gameday Tents,
Home to Denny-Chimes, The Quad is a 22 acre tailgating area located one block from Bryant-Denny Stadium. Tailgate packages can be reserved through Tailgate Guys (formerly Game Day Tents) for the season or individual games.
Presidential Park is a reserved tailgating area on campus, located only 400 yards from Bryant-Denny Stadium. Tailgate packages can be reserved through Tailgate Guys (formerly Game Day Tents) for the season or individual games.